Promotion of charitable purposes;
- To create awareness of the VS (Voluntary Sector) within Mid Surrey (MS).
- To create active engagement and placement within targeted media – on VAMS (Voluntary Action Mid Surrey) and VOs (Voluntary Organisations) within MS.
- To position and represent VAMS and VOs at targeted events within MS.
- To create an online presence for VAMS (web, online and social media).
- To initiate an engagement with 3rd party bodies to utilise their routes to the sector.
- To create focused campaigns that supports the priorities of the VAMS community.
- To create and produce communication material that supports MS VOs and VAMS objectives.
Serve as a voice for the Voluntary Community and Faith Sector (VCF) within the area;
- To be aware of MS’s strategic objectives in order to prepare and collate agenda topics for relevant meetings.
- To facilitate alignment on key strategic objectives.
- To attend relevant meetings in order to represent the VS within MS.
Act as the umbrella organisation for all VAMS and VS organisations;
- To be aware and up to date on all VOs and their activities within the MS area.
- To ensure that all VOs are aware of VAMS organisation, role and activities.
- To create a record of all registered charities within the MS on a central database repository.
- To understand the issues and opportunities common across the MS organisations in order to facilitate effective support.
Engagement, co-operation and collaboration with VOs.
- To drive the Strategic Agenda for MS VOs.
- To be aware of national policies and regional priorities for the VS.
- To attend national VS meetings convened by NCVO.
- To be aware and informed of the relevant policy directives issued by the Office of Civil Society.
- To engage with the Local Economic Partnerships (LEPs) in regard to the VS. (Coast to Capital).
- To co-ordinate and collaborate with other Voluntary Actions (VAs).
- To ensure the MS VOs activities are effectively co-ordinated and resources are efficiently utilised.
- To establish a quarterly forum for elected representatives from MS VOs.
- To drive best practice delivery models within MS area.
Engagement, co-operation and collaboration with statutory bodies;
- To represent the MS VCFS to statutory and stakeholder groups.
- Local authority.
- Regional Government.
- Skills Council.
- To raise awareness of the resources needed to support the local community in voluntary action.
- To inform on VA services and interventions.
- To provide information and feedback on VA KPIs.
Engagement, co-operation and collaboration with the Public;
- To provide awareness of the role of VAMS and the VOs within MS.
- To raise awareness of the voluntary opportunities and services within MS.
- To act as a facilitator between VOs and potential volunteers.
- To create attention, interest, desire and action towards volunteers.
- To drive awareness of MS VOs amongst the public.
- To provide intelligence on the opportunities presented in volunteering for MS VOs.
- To provide recruitment information on how to volunteer.
- To facilitate the recruitment of volunteers for the VCFS organisations.
- To ensure that MS VOs are informed and up to date on their recruitment practices, policies and procedures.
- To facilitate training and provide legal and obligatory information.
- To undertake filtering and selection of volunteers.
- To undertake DBS checks.
- To provide volunteer selection.