- To promote any charitable purposes for the benefit of the public, principally but not exclusively in the local government area of Mid Surrey, in particular, build the capacity of third sector organisations and provide them with the necessary support, information and services to enable them to pursue or contribute to any charitable purpose.
- To promote, organise and facilitate co-operation and partnership working between third sector, statutory and other relevant bodies in the achievement of the above purposes within the area of benefit.
- VAMS will seek to challenge all forms of oppression and inequality.
Service Objectives to the Voluntary, Community and Faith Sectors (VCFS)
To promote any charitable purposes for the benefit of the community in the local District of Mole Valley and Epsom and Ewell.
To promote and organise co-operation in the achievement of the above purposes and, to that end, bring together representatives of the voluntary organisations and statutory authorities within the area of benefit.
To provide a range of services as follows:
- Direct recruitment and placing of volunteers.
- Information, guidance and support on volunteer recruitment,
- Information and support on:
- developing a business plan,
- financial recordkeeping,
- funding sources,
- organisational policies and procedures,
- Information on quality accreditation and back office functions e.g. DBS checks,
- Advice and support for Trustee development.